Thursday, February 3, 2011

What do I talk about?

It is interesting to find how difficult it is to articulate an idea enough to write it down in a coherent form. One of my intents with creating this blog was to get used to writing things down. Instead of ideas whirling around in my head as I re-tread old ground over and over again, if it is put on "paper" then, in theory, I should be able to view it from a different angle.
The trouble with this theory is that it is often very hard to formulate the various aspects of an idea in a linear form that makes any sort of sense. The gestalt of an idea contains so many side tracks and associated concepts that it is very difficult to follow just one. It is particularly annoying when I drift off into another path and never get back to the point I was trying to make!
More to the point for writing it down is where to start when showing only one side of an idea seems purile and pointless. Things that seem deep and meaningful in my head, with many interesting connotations and facets, get flattened into something that is simply not particularly insightful and which seems to have been said multiple times before.
Still, since this blog is not being read by anyone (according to the stats), it is just for me to say whatever and it really doesn't matter. So be it.
Perhaps I can broaden the scope somewhat. I was keeping this mostly impersonal and non-technical. But it started writing down some concepts related to heavy-weight vs light-weight applications and it occurred to me that this is probably a good place to go over what I want to say while I try to find the common thread that I am looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment